Join the IMPACT Leadership Academy: Shaping Tomorrow's Leaders in Mechanical Contracting
In the dynamic world of mechanical contracting, leadership plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of the industry. Recognizing the importance of preparing the next generation of leaders, the Mechanical Contractors Association of Kansas City (MCAKC) has launched the IMPACT Leadership Academy. This initiative is designed to invest in high-potential leaders within the MCAKC community, providing them with the skills, network, and inspiration needed to make a significant impact on the mechanical contracting industry.
The IMPACT Leadership Academy is an exclusive program that seeks to identify and nurture up to 16 future leaders within the mechanical contracting industry. It offers a unique opportunity for individuals with a passion for the industry and the potential to become influential leaders. This program, held once every 24 months, aims to equip participants with essential leadership skills, self-awareness, and the tools required to excel in their careers.
- Nominations are due October 31, 2023. Early nomincations are encouraged. Nominations are limited to one per signatory contractor or assocaite member.
- As selection committee will interview each nominee. Nominees will be notified regarding their acceptance for admission to the IMPACT Leadership Academy by late November. The program will begin January 2023.
- A letter of support and recommendation from the organization that employs the applicant is required at the time of nomination. The selection committee seeks to have each class of the IMPACT Leadership Academy represent a diverse cross section of our industry.
$3,500 Signatory Contractor
$5,000 Associate Member
I.M.P.A.C.T.: Unpacking the Program's Core Values
M – Mentorship: Fostering a culture of mentorship to help individuals grow and develop.
P – Passion: Igniting a deep passion for the mechanical contracting industry.
A – Adaptability: Teaching adaptability as a key skill for future leaders.
C – Collaboration: Emphasizing the importance of collaboration.
T – Teamwork: Cultivating effective teamwork abilities among participants.
To be eligible for the IMPACT Leadership Academy, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be employed full-time by a local mechanical contractor signatory to Local 8 or 533.
- Possess at least 7 to 10 years of relevant professional experience in the industry.
- Aspire to senior leadership within the mechanical contracting industry.
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to MCAKC and the mechanical industry.
- Have the support of their employer to participate if selected.
- Be nominated by their President, CEO, or Executive Leadership Team member.
Program Goals and Objectives
The overarching goal of the IMPACT Leadership Academy is to equip future leaders with the skills and self-awareness needed to be effective leaders. The program aims to:
- Develop future leaders for your company and the mechanical contracting industry.
- Foster a sense of community and commitment among industry professionals through local service opportunities.
- Enhance leadership and communication skills through a combination of classroom training and hands-on experiences.
- Establish a network of industry professionals who can serve as valuable resources to those interested in or new to the industry.
The program revolves around three fundamental pillars:
- Self-Discovery and Personal Growth: Participants embark on a journey to explore their strengths, values, and skills, ultimately becoming more self-aware leaders.
- Leading and Inspiring Others: The program focuses on cultivating the ability to lead, inspire, and collaborate effectively with others.
- Promoting the Profession: Empowering future leaders to confidently represent themselves and the industry to various audiences, sharing their passion and experiences.
Who is Right for the IMPACT Leadership Academy?
To determine if you're a good fit for the program, consider these questions:
- Have your leadership experiences or previous training ignited a desire for advanced development?
- Are you willing to commit to a two-year program emphasizing leadership, skill-building, public speaking, and relationship development?
- Do you have a genuine interest in enhancing your leadership skills and giving back to the industry?
- Are you prepared to practice public speaking and promote the profession?
- Are you ready to embrace and support the evolving initiatives of MCAKC?
- Are you open to learning from diverse perspectives?
- Engaging Future Leaders: By investing in emerging talent, the program ensures long-term sustainability for MCAKC and member companies. It cultivates a pipeline of future leaders who will carry the association's mission forward.
- Workforce Preparation: Through education, mentorship, networking, and volunteerism, the program prepares the future workforce with knowledge and skills essential for success in the industry.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The program promotes diversity and inclusivity by bringing in new voices and perspectives, enriching the association and the industry as a whole.