Persuasive Writing for Business - 12/17/2019
Date(s): December 17, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM CST - 5:00 PM CST
|This session takes place at JCCC. To register, contact Jacki Conn.
If you've already registered, click "Add to my Calendar" above to add this session to your calendar.
Persuasive Writing for Business
Whether it's reports, proposals, presentations, letters or emails, every business communication exists to persuade as well as inform. Learn the principles of persuasion and the practical skills that can advance your career and leadership potential. This class is part of the Business Communication Certificate.
- Communicate effectively within an organization.
- Identify and describe the technologies available in creating, sending and receiving messages.
- Demonstrate reading skills leading to efficient summarizing, outlining, and identifying of the main points.
- Write correspondence using the principles of correct writing style, organization, and format as will be exhibited through
- Direct request messages
- Good-news and goodwill messages
- Bad-news messages
- Persuasive messages
- Employment messages
- Identify the basic rules of report writing in short and long reports and proposals.
Cost: FREE to employees of Signatory Members, Associate Members, and Signatory Non-Members of MCAKC.
Cancelation and Transfer Policy:
Cancellations for all MCAKC events must be received at least 2 Business Days prior to the event by email to email@example.com or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancellations received after this time will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee.
“No Shows” will be assessed a fee (see below) and invoiced accordingly.
$50 Event Duration: Up to 4 Hours
$100 Event Duration: Over 4 Hours (Should the event cover more than one day, this fee will apply for each day of event)
Registrants in JCCC continuing education courses may transfer their registration to another course. The transfer request must be received in writing two (2) business days prior to the first day of the course for which you were originally scheduled. A $50 transfer charge will be applied to all transfers received less than two (2) days prior to the start date of the course.