Developing Your Workforce - Step 1 (Included in Foreman Training Series)
Date(s): December 19, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM CST - 3:30 PM CST
Developing Your Workforce: What Smart Leaders Do - Step 1
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Explain the 4 Core Competencies lacking in most f the workforce entering the industry today.
- Develop those competencies in your team while on the job.
- Develop each team member so he/she performs at their best and communicates effectively.
- Describe the process for developing initiative in others.
- Explain why we must step up and lead and the cost if we don’t.
- Outline the different mindsets and personalities you encounter on the job site.
- Practice techniques to effectively lead in today’s competitive market.
Target Audience: New, Experienced, or Aspiring Foreman. General Foreman, Superintendents, and other Field Leaders or Managers.
Nic Bittle is the founder of Work Force Pro and works with contractors to prepare and develop their workforce to lead with impact, act like a pro, and perform their best every day. Nic developed a curriculum focused on the professional development of emerging construction workers. Nic identified 4 core competencies that act as a first step in what the next generation needs to know and do to answer the call in the construction industry. These 4 competencies include: Communication, Professionalism, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship.
Nic is an author, consultant, and entertaining speaker. He shares his personal business stories and highlights the valuable insights he’s learned from the hundreds of companies and the thousands of foremen, journeymen, and apprentices he worked with across North America.