Start Date: 10/3/2019 8:00 AM CDT
End Date: 10/3/2019 12:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: MCA Knowledge Center Location:
10955 Lowell Avenue, Suite 1050
Overland Park, KS United States 66210
The most dangerous part of your employees' workday is when they are on the road. Just one work-related motor vehicle accident could expose your organization to enormous liability risks and legal exposure - not to mention lost time, decreased productivity, and increased insurance costs.
1. Drive Defensively
This comprehensive driver-improvement program offers practical knowledge and techniques to avoid accidents and promote safe, responsible, and lawful driving behaviors. Training is designed to motivate drivers to change risky behaviors and attitudes behind the wheel, and to help organizations lower their liability risks and costs associated with motor vehicle collisions and incidents.
At the end of this seminar, participants should be able to:
2. Identify Safe Choices
- Recognize the need for and benefits of defensive driving and that defensive driving involves both legal and personal responsibility.
- Identify risky driving attitudes and behaviors.
3. Becoming Aware of Conditions
- Identify the importance of speed and space management. Understand the benefits of maintaining a safe cushion of space and managing the speed and space needed to execute safe turns.
- Spot physical and mental driver conditions that may affect your driving and learn techniques to maintain control in adverse driving situations.
- Properly secure a load and conduct other safety protocols such as pre, enroute, and post trip inspections.
4. Honing Skills
- Demonstrate skills and techniques to avoid collisions and incidents caused by other vehicles or driving conditions.
- Change risky behavior, attitudes, and distracted driving.
- Recognize driver fatigue and discuss the factors that can reduce reaction time.
- Avoid collisions, violations, and spot the common types of driving errors that contribute to collisions.
All employees driving on company business should attend this class.
Neal Padgett is a Commercial Driver License (CDL) Training Instructor for JCCC dedicated to training students in the areas of pre-trip inspection, backing skills, and driving. Neal specializes in driver qualifications; visual driving techniques; highway communications; managing speed and space; distracted driving; driving under stress, fatigue, and sleep deprivation; defensive driving, extreme weather driving, emergency maneuvers, and more. Neal's goal is to enhance students' driving experience with impactful training that will ensure safety and success.
There is no charge
for employees of Signatory Contractors and Associate Members of the MCA of Kansas City.
Cancellations for all MCAKC events must be received at least 2 business days prior to the event by email to email@example.com or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancellations received after this time will be assessed a $50 cancellation fee.
Commercial Sales Manager