Start Date: 2/5/2020 11:30 AM CST
End Date: 2/5/2020 4:00 PM CST
Venue Name: MCAKC Knowledge Center Location:
10955 Lowell Ave, Suite 1050
Overland Park, KS United States 66210
Event Website: https://www.mcakc.org/liftprojectmanagement
|This session is 1 of 10 in the LiFT Level 1 - Project Management Series. Use the button below to register for this series. If you've already registered, click "Add to my Calendar" above to add this session to your calendar.
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of the estimating process.
- Outline the different types of estimates used and risks & benefits of each.
- Use the MCAA Labor Estimating Manual (WebLEM) to create an estimate.
- Practice creating an estimate involving a pipe and fitting take-off.
- Explain how an estimate is used to effectively manage a project.
Project Managers with 0-2 years of experience, support staff or anyone interested in moving into a project management role or in obtaining the fundamental skills of successful project management.
Ian Adams has been working in the estimating department at U.S. Engineering Company for six years on proposals ranging from a couple hundred dollars to over $10 million. Recently, he has focused on the healthcare and industrial markets. Ian’s responsibilities include meeting with clients, reviewing possible opportunities and leading a team to deliver competitive proposals. Ian is a graduate of University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg with a BS in Construction Management.