Start Date: 2/16/2021 12:00 PM CST
End Date: 2/16/2021 3:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Online Via Zoom Location:
KS United States
This seminar is offered online in two 3-hour sessions. The sessions are Tue & Thur 2/16 & 2/18 12:00 to 3:00 pm.
Attendance is required for both sessions. No shows will be assessed a fee of $150.
Cost: FREE to employees of Signatory Contractors and Associate Members.
Financial Strategy, Budgeting, and Bottom Line Impact Decisions for the Mechanical Contractor
This seminar will focus on taking things from the project/service level to company level. Participants will learn how to make the transition from thinking at a project execution level to big picture success. The group will walk away with a clear understanding that what every team member does matters and has a direct impact on long term financial decisions. Leah will emphasize the need to be able to make decisions that benefit the company not just the project or client. Get in the head of the CFO and discover what they worry about and why. Find out how your financial team makes key company decisions and how you can help ensure those decisions are based on sound financial data. In addition, the class will walk through the cash flow cycle and know why cash is king.
This program is designed for any employee in the mechanical contracting industry.
After completing this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify how project decisions and performance can impact short and long term company financial strategies.
- Explain how key financial statements are used as a tool in the mechanical contracting industry and how sound project decisions lead to good company decisions.
- Practice creating budgets and outline how project decisions affect both short and long-term planning.
- Identify what your accounting and executive teams need to know about your projects to make better company decisions.
- Analyze cash flow in the construction industry and know why positive cash flow must be a top priority for everyone in the company.
- Explain why the best project and service managers run their work like a business.
is a highly experienced executive that offers management and training solutions for the whole company. As a consultant, Leah brings her hands-on experience in finance, risk management, human resources, operations, and strategic planning to companies seeking a unique approach in preparing their company and employees to push to the forefront of their industry. Leah assists companies in setting visionary, challenging, and realistic growth goals and sets a detailed path to success. Having a bachelor degree in economics from Washington State University and an MBA from Seattle Pacific University, Leah has been able to combine her education and work experience to enable her to assist clients in tying it all together.
Cancellations for all MCAKC events must be received at least 2 business days prior to the event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancellations received after this time will be assessed a $150 cancellation fee.