Start Date: 9/11/2020 8:00 AM CDT
End Date: 2/12/2021 11:30 AM CST
Venue Name: Virtual Interactive Course: Zoom
Event Website: https://www.mca.org/education/epm/
Offered by the MCA of Chicago
The Essentials of Project Management (EPM) Certificate Program
|This multi-module online program is offered by the MCA of Chicago.
Space is limited. Registration closes Friday August 28th!
is now available as an online virtual program. This program focuses on core skills like labor relations, contract management, change orders and project close-out.
The program series runs September 2020 - February 2021.
Classes meet monthly one Friday each month from 8 am to 11:30 am.
The EPM program will help you:
Candidates are required to fill out a formal application that ensures their readiness for the program and willingness to commit to it.
Note: Due to COVID-19, all courses will be taught exclusively via Zoom. Attendees will be required to participate in classes using their web camera & audio.
- Better prioritize your work
- Appreciate how to manage in a way that is typically only learned through years of on the job training
- Increase your confidence to do what’s right to protect the work and best represent your company on a project
- Improve your relations with general contractors, customers, other subcontractors, and most importantly your boss, foreman and employer overall.
There is a one-time fee of $395
for employees of signatory contractors.
Project managers with less than five years of project management experience, little or no formal project management training, or employees who are not project managers but have the potential to be a project manager.
Topics Covered Include:
- Planning Skills for the Project Team
- Productivity Improvement
- Contracts Basics and Advanced Contracts
- Change Order Management
- Financial Outcomes for Project Manages
- Interpersonal Skills
- Essentials Management Skills
- Time Management
- Negotiation Skills for Project Managers
- Mechanical Scheduling
- Computer Skills Assessment
Cancellations for all MCAKC events must be received at least 2 Business Days
prior to the event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancellations received after this time will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee.