Start Date: 1/24/2024 11:30 AM CST
End Date: 1/24/2024 4:00 PM CST
Venue Name: MCAKC Knowledge Center Location:
10955 Lowell Ave, Suite 1050
Overland Park, KS United States 66210
Event Website: https://www.mcakc.org/liftprojectmanagement
|This session is 1 of 10 in the LiFT Level 2 - Project Management Series. Use the button below to register for this series. To register only for this seminar, click the registration button above.
Job Cost, Labor Control and Post-Job Reviews
Lunch is served at 11:30 am.
Class begins at Noon.
In this seminar, we'll explore the most important aspects of project management that ensure your projects will run smoothly. As the tools and technologies for tracking these metrics evolve, the enduring challenge lies in understanding what to monitor, what to track, how to track it, and best practices for identifying, mitigating, and managing these crucial aspects.
Once the project is over, breaking down post-project cost and productivity data is one of the most overlooked tasks in our industry. It is also one of the most beneficial when performed diligently and accurately.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- The importance of the job cost report and proven methods for comprehensive monthly analysis.
- Break down daily work activities, differentiating between direct installation, indirect operations, material handling, and non-productive tasks.
- Explore the financial implications of gaining or losing just 30 minutes of direct installation time daily on the job site.
- Best practices for the measurement and management of field productivity.
- Identify the factors that improve labor productivity and develop strategies and tactics for their identification and implementation.
- The importance and benefit of post-job reviews and how to conduct effective post-job review meetings.
- Tips for optimizing the benefits of performing the post-job review.Learn how to leverage post-job review information for future project estimates and rough order of magnitudes (ROMs).
Project Managers with 3 to 7 years of experience, support staff or anyone interested in moving into a project management role or in obtaining fundamental project documentation skills.
$150 Signatory Members
$150 Signatory Non-Members
$200 Associate Members
has a B.S. in Construction Management, an A.A.S in HVAC and Refrigeration Design and has worked in nearly every facet of commercial construction as a Mechanical Contractor for nearly 30 years. Through Aichele & Associates, LLC, he teaches national workshops focusing on project management, managing, and forecasting labor, estimating, change orders, blueprint reading, and how to perform water audits. He’s also a former MCAA Career Development Committee Chairman and was an adjunct professor at the University of Washington for 17 years.
Focusing on results, Eric has successfully facilitated a variety of courses related to strategic business practices leadership and management, productivity and motivation. Eric has developed a proven system that helps students prioritize their work, effectively schedule their days, delegate to employees, manage information flow and teach negation skills. As a record setting ultra-runner, he also shares his passion for perseverance and endurance with his students.
Cancelations for all MCAKC events must be received prior to the event by email to email@example.com or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancelations received after this time will be assessed a $100 cancelation fee.
“No Shows” will be assessed a fee (see below) and invoiced accordingly.
$50 Event Duration: Up to 4 Hours
$100 Event Duration: Over 4 Hours (Should the event cover more than one day, this fee will apply for each day of event)