Start Date: 4/7/2020 11:30 AM CDT
End Date: 4/7/2020 4:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: MCAKC Knowledge Center Location:
10955 Lowell Ave, Suite 1050
Overland Park, KS United States 66210
Event Website: https://www.mcakc.org/liftprojectmanagement
|This session is 1 of 8 in the Propel 2 - Leadership Series. Use the button below to register for this series. If you've already registered, click "Add to my Calendar" above to add this session to your calendar.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers Part 1
In this course, you will learn the language of finance and accounting, how to read balance sheets and income statements; how to analyze retained earnings and cash flow statements, how to calculate key financial ratios, and more. This information packed workshop has been developed following the accelerated learning model of teaching adults. Interactive exercises, relevant examples, and attendee participation reinforce learning and keep the session interesting and fun.
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of accounting in the overall business process.
- Define the language of finance and accounting including assets, liabilities, equity, expense, profit, and cash flow.
- Differentiate between cash and accrual-based accounting.
- Identify the impact of various transactions on an organization’s accounts.
- Read and interpret a company’s financial reports to determine its financial health.
- Explain the statement of retained earnings and the cash flow statement.
- Prepare a set of simple financial statements from a set of account balances.
- Identify the key financial ratios and how to calculate each to determine liquidity, leverage, and profitability.
Leaders with responsibilities
for managing staff.
is dedicated to helping organizations and individuals enhance their competitiveness, productivity and performance. His professional background includes 30 years of experience as CEO, CFO, and owner of a manufacturing company and, for the past 22 years, he has helped major Fortune 500 companies improve their performance and bottom line business results. Bill has an MBA in Finance and Marketing from the University of Missouri and B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Arizona.