Start Date: 5/12/2021 8:00 AM CDT
End Date: 5/12/2021 10:00 AM CDT
Venue Name: Live Virtual Course - Zoom
MCA Affiliate Alliance
Troubleshooting for Service Technicians - A Critical Approach
Live Webinar Via Zoom
- Starting the process: identifying the problem
- Understanding the clients point of view
- Taking time to understand the system not just the piece of equipment
- What is the problem: what could be the source
- Keeping it simple start from the beginning
- Eliminating possibilities one at a time
- Following the road map: equipment information
- What is available for support
- Document what you do and who you talk to
- Communicate with the client through out the process
- Communicate with the office
- When do we call in help
- Complete the call and help the client know what you did and how it fixed the problem
to employees of Signatory Contractors and Associate Members.
Program hosted by the MCA Affiliate Alliance.
started his career as a steamfitter with Local 602 in the Washington D.C. region, and after completing his apprenticeship, went on to become an instructor for the Union Apprentice Program. He has dedicated his life to teaching, coaching, and helping contractors be successful. He spent 45 years working his way through every job title in mechanical contracting. He’s served on countless committees, taught apprentices of his own, and finally after serving as the National Chairman of MSCA, he decided it was time to retire. But retirement for Woody doesn’t look like rounds of golf and beers on the beach. Rather, it’s more of an extension of his passion for education in the trades.
“I’ve had a chance to be around some of the most brilliant people in my industry — folks that are really focused on doing things right and improving at every turn. So that’s helped me to have that same mindset and learn from both the good and not-so-great things I’ve seen,” says Woody, reflecting on his life in the trades.