Start Date: 6/7/2023 8:00 AM CDT
End Date: 6/7/2023 12:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: MCA Knowledge Center Location:
10955 Lowell Avenue, Suite 1050
Overland Park, KS United States 66210
Managing the Fabrication, Shop Drawings & BIM Process
WEDNESDAY, June 7 (8:00 AM - Noon)
If you’re a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager looking to enhance your knowledge and skills in Fabrication, Shop Drawings & BIM, then this workshop is a must-attend. This seminar will cover the entire process of Fabrication, Shop Drawings & BIM while emphasizing best Project Management practices for optimizing efficiency and cost control.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of Fabrication, Shop Drawings & BIM in Mechanical Contractors and Construction Projects.
- Understand the process and workflow involved in constructing a model and coordinating with other trades.
- Identify the deliverables and definitions of this process including Material Bill of Materials, Installation Drawings, Spool Packages, Penetration Drawings, In-Wall Rough-In, and Trimble.
- Outline the responsibilities of a Project Manager and identify best management practices in:
- Creating and managing a BIM Execution Plan
- Tracking, documenting and defending detailing change orders
- Reviewing BIM, Coordination and Detailing contracts
- Conducting VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) Kick-off meetings and weekly status update SCRUMS
- Ensuring timely approved submittals (with sufficient detail to allow inserting into the model)
- Analyzing the BIM Coordination Schedule and understanding its critical relationship to deliverables and field installations
- Maintaining accurate and easily accessible drawings, submittals, and RFI’s for detailers
- Constructing the Material Matrix.
has a B.S. in Construction Management, an A.A.S in HVAC and Refrigeration Design, and has worked in nearly every facet of commercial construction as a Mechanical Contractor for nearly 30 years. Through Aichele & Associates, LLC, he teaches national workshops focusing on project management, managing and forecasting labor, estimating, change orders, blueprint reading, and how to perform water audits. He’s also a former MCAA Career Development Committee Chairman and was an adjunct professor at the University of Washington for 17 years.
$100 Signatory Contractors
$150 Associate Members'
Cancelations for all MCAKC events must be received at least 2 Business Days prior to the event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 913-948-9200. Cancelations received after this time will be assessed a $100 cancelation fee.
“No Shows” will be assessed a fee (see below) and invoiced accordingly.
$50 Event Duration: Up to 4 Hours
$100 Event Duration: Over 4 Hours (Should the event cover more than one day, this fee will apply for each day of event)